Dairy free + vegetarian
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce
8g Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock
120g Tempeh or firm tofu
100ml Coconut milk
80g Butternut squash
20g Peanut butter
1 Red chilli, thinly sliced*
Salt & pepper
Rice, gluten free naan bread or poppadoms
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 428
Fat – 31g
of which saturates – 19g
Carbohydrates – 19g
of which sugars – 7.9g
Fibre – 5.7g
Protein – 15g
Salt – 2.2g
Please note this claculation does not include the rice, gluten free naan bread or poppadoms to serve.
- Cut the butternut squash, aubergine and tempeh / tofu into small cubes, cover with half the jar of Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce and leave to marinade for a few hours in the fridge.
- Put a pan on medium high heat and add the squash, aubergine and tempeh / tofu. Fry for a few minutes until some of the edges start to brown.
- Mix the Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock with the water, then add this, the remaining Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce and the coconut milk to the pan.
- Cover the pan and simmer on a medium heat for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir through the peanut butter, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with red chilli and coriander.
- Serve with rice, gluten free naan or poppadoms.
*Whilst chillies are a low FODMAP ingredient, some people with IBS have higher numbers of chilli pepper pain receptors in the gut, which can cause symptoms.
If you’re sensitive to chilli, you can leave it out of this recipe.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.