2 Tbsp Bay’s Kitchen Garden Herb Vegan Mayonnaise
2 Chicken breast or vegan alternative**
30g Parmesan shavings or vegan alternative**
20g Bacon lardons or vegan alternative**
20g Gluten free croutons
8 Romaine lettuce leaves
5ml Olive oil
Seasoning for chicken (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each chicken breast to approx. 2cm at the thickest part (this just helps even cooking).
- Line a baking pan with foil or baking parchment and place the chicken in. You can season with salt and pepper, or even your favourite herbs, like rosemary or oregano.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, bake the chicken for 18-20 mins.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking you can prepare the rest of the salad. Shred the lettuce and share evenly between two bowls.
- Drizzle half of the mayonnaise evenly across the two bowls.
- Preheat 5ml of oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat, then add the bacon lardons. Continue to turn the lardons regularly to ensure they get equally crispy. Fry for approx. 5 mins.
- Once your chicken is cooked, remove from the over and then slice into 1cm wide strips or roughly chop – whichever you prefer!
- Add the chicken and the lardons on top of the lettuce and then drizzle the remainder of the mayonnaise on top.
- Finish with the croutons and parmesan!
*This makes a warm chicken and bacon Caesar salad. If you prefer cold salads, then cook the chicken and bacon a few hours or the day before and refrigerate. Then assemble together once cooled.
**If using vegan alternatives remember to check they are FODMAP friendly and gluten free if you require your dish to be.
Recipe created by Paul Hunt from @skinnychefhunt.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.