This stuffed potatoes are perfect for an easy dinner and taste great! They are Low FODMAP, but filling and satisfying!
2 Jacket potatoes
4 or 5 Rashers of
unsmoked back bacon
125g Grated mozzarella
40g Grated cheddar
2 Tbsp Chives, finely chopped
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 514
Fat – 27g
of which saturates – 16g
Carbohydrates – 35g
of which sugars – 2.6g
Fibre – 4.6g
Protein – 31g
Salt – 2.3g
Please note this calculation is using 2 medium potatoes at 165g each.
- Heat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- Use a fork to prick holes in the two jacket potatoes and pop them in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the potato is in the microwave, grate the mozzarella and cheddar into separate bowls.
- Once the potatoes are done, transfer them to the oven to continue cooking for a further 15 minutes.
- Fry or grill the bacon to your liking.
- Finely chop the chives into the same bowl as the mozzarella. Once the bacon is cooked, chop the bacon into in the bowl along with the chives and mozzarella.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven
and cut them in half.
- Use a spoon to remove the centre and place this potato into the bowl with the bacon, mozzarella and chives. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins. Sprinkle the cheddar on top and put back in the oven for about 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the top is going golden / light brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a side salad and your choice of a tablespoon of Low FODMAP BBQ sauce or mayonnaise.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.