This stuffed potatoes are perfect for an easy dinner and taste great! They are Low FODMAP, but filling and satisfying!
2 Jacket potatoes
4 or 5 rashers of unsmoked back bacon
125g of grated mozzerella
40g of grated cheddar
2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 514
Fat – 27g
of which saturates – 16g
Carbohydrates – 35g
of which sugars – 2.6g
Fibre – 4.6g
Protein – 31g
Salt – 2.3g
Please note this calculation is using 2 medium potatoes at 165g each.
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Use a fork to prick holes in the two jacket potatoes and pop them in the microwave for 10mins.
- Whilst the potato is in the mircowave, grate the mozzerella and cheddar into separate bowls.
- Once the potatoes are done, transfer them to the oven to continue cooking for a further 15mins.
- Fry or grill the bacon to your liking (I prefer mine a little crispy!).
- Finely chop the chives into the same bowl as the mozzerella. Once the bacon is cooked, chop the bacon into in the bowl along with the chives and mozzerella.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut them in half.
- Use a spoon to remove the center and place this potatoe into the bowl with the bacon, mozzerella and chives. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins. Sprinkle the cheddar on top and put back in the oven for about 4 mins, until the cheese is melted and the top is going golden/light brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a side salad and your choice of a tablespoon of Low FODMAP BBQ sauce or mayonnaise.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.