2-3 Persons (2 large portions)
Dairy free option
1 Jar Bay’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Stir-in Sauce
4 Skinless chicken thighs
150g Basmati rice
1 Red pepper
1 Bunch Spring onions, green tops only
30g Bunch coriander, stalks and leaves
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Bay leaf
A Few Cardamom pods (optional)
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt to serve (optional – do not use if dairy free)
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 487
Fat – 16g
of which saturates – 5.6g
Carbohydrates – 45g
of which sugars – 4.8g
Fibre – 3.1g
Protein – 38g
Salt – 1.1g
Please note this is based on the recipe serving 3 people.
- Put the basmati rice in a bowl of warm water and set to one side to soak.
- Slice the spring onion tops, cut the pepper into bite size chunks and chop the coriander stalks and leaves, keeping them separate.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry off the coriander stalks, spring onion tops, bay leaf and cardamom pods until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and fry until the meat is sealed on all sides.
- Add the pepper and cook for a further minute.
- Drain your rice and rinse with cold water until it runs clear. Distribute the rice in an even layer over the top of the chicken and peppers.
- Pour the jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Stir-in Sauce over the top of the rice. Add 200ml of water to the jar, replace the lid and shake to loosen the remaining sauce, then tip this over the top of the rice too.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil, then simmer for 7 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Leave for 10 minutes – the heat should steam the rice so it’s perfectly cooked – if not, you can leave it a little longer.
- Top with the chopped coriander leaves and serve with yoghurt (if using).
This recipe has been written and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.