Dairy free + vegan
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Katsu Curry Stir-in Sauce
30g Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock
200g Firm tofu
100g Green beans
1 Red or green chilli, thinly sliced*
½ Tbsp sesame oil
Salt & pepper
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 536
Fat – 23g
of which saturates – 9.9g
Carbohydrates – 59g
of which sugars – 11g
Fibre – 5.5g
Protein – 21g
Salt – 2.3g
Please note this calculation includes 75g jasmine rice (dry weight).
- Add the Bay’s Kitchen Katsu Curry Stir-in Sauce to a pan over a medium heat.
- Mix the Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock with the water and then stir into the sauce and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the green beans in half, add them to the sauce and continue cooking over a medium heat for another 5 minutes, until the beans are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the tofu. Keep the tofu in a block, press with kitchen towel to remove any excess moisture. Season it with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Put the whole tofu block into the pan, and fry on each edge until crisp, about 3 minutes each side, using tongs to turn it.
- Once all sides are crisp remove from the pan with tongs,
then carefully cut into strips.
- Serve the curry sauce with the crispy tofu slices arranged on top, coriander, slices of chilli and rice.
*Whilst chillies are a low FODMAP ingredient, some people with IBS have higher numbers of chilli pepper pain receptors in the gut, which can cause symptoms. If you’re sensitive to chilli, you can leave it out of this recipe.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.