5 Minutes (Plus time for marinating)
50 Minutes (Plus time for marinating)
4 Chicken thighs
100g Coconut yoghurt
25g Almond flakes
15g Coriander, fresh chopped
Half a lime, juice and zest
Rice or gluten free Indian-style bread to serve
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 462
Fat – 27g
of which saturates – 8.8g
Carbohydrates – 12g
of which sugars – 4.2g
Fibre – 2.8g
Protein – 42g
Salt – 1.3g
Please note this was calculated using skinless chicken thighs and coyo coconut yoghurt (some brands have more kcal, so this is just a guide).
- Put the chicken thighs in a small container or bowl and pour over the Bay’s Kitchen Jalfrezi Curry Stir-in Sauce. Spoon the sauce over the thighs so they’re coated, and leave overnight or for 1-3 hours to marinade.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Transfer the chicken thighs and sauce to an ovenproof dish and bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes until cooked. Use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the centre of the chicken to check it’s cooked all the way through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prepare the toppings. Toast the almond flakes in a pan until fragrant and golden. Mix half the chopped coriander and the lime juice and zest into the coconut yoghurt. If you’re serving with rice, cook according to pack instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, tip the spinach on top of the chicken and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to allow it to wilt into the sauce.
- When ready, put some rice on each plate (if using) and top with the chicken, spinach and sauce. Dress with a dollop of the coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.