1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Katsu Curry Stir-in Sauce
300g White fish of your choice
100g Rice (dry weight)
6 Spring onions – green tops only, finely chopped
2 Medium tomatoes
1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 Lime – half juice and half cut into quarters to garnish
½ Tbsp Oil
Small bunch of coriander – stems and leaves
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 18g
of which saturates – 9.1g
Carbohydrates – 56g
of which sugars – 12g
Fibre – 4.3g
Protein – 35g
Salt – 1g
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Chop the spring onion tops and tomatoes, grate the ginger and chop the coriander leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
- Cut the fish into bite sized pieces and set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry off the coriander stems, spring onion tops and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they have started to break down and their juice has evaporated.
- Add the jar of Bay’s Kitchen Katsu Curry Stir-in Sauce to the pan. Fill half the jar with water, replace the lid and give the jar a shake to loosen the remaining sauce then add to the pan and stir.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and then add your fish pieces. Cook for around 5 minutes or until your fish is cooked through – take a piece out of the sauce and cut through to check. Avoid stirring too much or you’ll break up the fish.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime, stir and take off the heat.
- Divide the curry evenly between the bowls and serve with the rice, chopped coriander and lime quarters.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.