Our Low FODMAP Tomato & Basil Sauce is extremely versatile, free from gluten, onion and garlic, suitable for vegans and yet tastes amazing!! You can use it in pasta dishes, as a pizza base sauce, as a base sauce for chilli, ratatouille, over baked aubergine and so much more!
The sauce is certified Low FODMAP & Gluten Free and is also approved for vegans by The Vegetarian Society.
This recipe is for Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta – it’s super simple to make, can easily be adjusted for however many you are cooking for and tastes fantastic!
Vegetarian (Dairy free and vegan option)
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce
160g Dried gluten free pasta
1 Red pepper
1 Small courgette (approx 130g)
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 19g
of which saturates – 9.6g
Carbohydrates – 74g
of which sugars – 8.2g
Fibre – 5.5g
Protein – 22g
Salt – 1.2g
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for
8-10 minutes (check the packet instructions in case these differ).
- In the meantime, slice the pepper, courgette and cheese into long slices (see image!).
- Place the mozzarella to one side and put the pepper and courgette in a frying pan to lightly char each side.
- Heat the jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve into dishes.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and then top with the mozzarella, pepper and courgette.
*Vegan & dairy free option: to make this recipe vegan and dairy free, you can use vegan mozzarella but please check ingredients to ensure it’s low FODMAP.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.