Our Low FODMAP Tomato & Basil Sauce is extremely versatile, free from gluten, onion and garlic, suitable for vegans and yet tastes amazing!! You can use it in pasta dishes, as a pizza base sauce, as a base sauce for chilli, ratatouille, over baked aubergine and so much more!
The sauce is certified Low FODMAP & Gluten Free and is also approved for vegans by The Vegetarian Society.
This recipe is for Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta – it’s super simple to make, can easily be adjusted for however many you are cooking for and tastes fantastic!
160g Dried gluten-free pasta
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Sauce
1 Red pepper
1 Small courgette (approx 130g)
125g Mozzarella (To make this vegan and Dairy Free, you can use vegan mozzarella but check ingredients to ensure it’s low FODMAP)*
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 19g
of which saturates – 9.6g
Carbohydrates – 74g
of which sugars – 8.2g
Fibre – 5.5g
Protein – 22g
Salt – 1.2g
- Bring a pain of water to boil and then add the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the pepper, courgette and cheese into long slices (see image!).
- Place the mozzarella to one side and put the pepper and courgette in a frying pan to lightly char each side.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve into dishes.
- Heat the sauce in a pan for two minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and then top with the mozzarella, pepper and courgette.
*To make this recipe vegan and Dairy Free, you can use vegan mozzarella but please check ingredients to ensure it’s low FODMAP.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.