Dairy free option
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican Stir-in Sauce
250g Lean beef mince*
75g Black beans (tinned)
75ml Lactose-free yoghurt**
(optional, don’t use if dairy free)
50g Salted tortilla chips
½ Green pepper
½ Red pepper
¼ Tsp Chilli flakes
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 20g
of which saturates – 7.8g
Carbohydrates – 35g
of which sugars – 9.6g
Fibre – 8.1g
Protein – 39g
Salt – 2g
- Prepare by dicing your peppers and draining the black beans.
- In a large pan, fry the lean beef mince in oil for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add the peppers, black beans, chilli flakes and Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican Stir-In Sauce and stir well.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes to allow the peppers to soften with a lid on.
- In the meantime, prepare the lime yoghurt by adding the juice of one lime and finely chopped coriander to the yoghurt and mix well.
- Line a bowl with nachos ready to top with the Mexican Beef Chilli.
- Spoon the chilli onto the nachos and sprinkle with grated cheese. To serve, add any leftover coriander then drizzle with lime yoghurt.
*Use lean beef mince as high quantities of fat in a recipe can be a potential symptom trigger. **Dairy free option: don’t use lactose-free yoghurt or replace with vegan yoghurt (please check the ingredients to ensure it’s low FODMAP).
This recipe has been created by Alice Nicholson, from Low FODMAP Inspiration.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.