Vegetarian (dairy free + vegan option)
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Arrabbiata Stir-in Sauce
180g Gluten free penne or rigatoni pasta
1 Red pepper
100g Black olives, halved
25g Walnuts, crushed
1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
(optional, don’t use if dairy free or vegan)*
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 27g
of which saturates – 5g
Carbohydrates – 84g
of which sugars – 7.3g
Fibre – 7.4g
Protein – 18g
Salt – 2g
- Finely slice the peppers into thin strips, put into a roasting tray with a drizzle of olive oil and then roast in the oven at 200°C / 180°C fan for 10 minutes until soft.
- Fill a pan 2/3 full with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes (check the packet instructions in case these differ).
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and take the roasted peppers from the oven. Return the pasta to the pan, add the peppers, spinach, olives and the Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Arrabbiata Stir-in Sauce.
- Mix everything together for a few minutes over a low heat, until the pasta is fully coated in sauce and the spinach is wilted.
- Serve with parmesan shavings (if using) and a sprinkling of crushed walnuts.
*To make this dish dairy free and vegan, either don’t use parmesan, or use vegan parmesan (please check the ingredients of vegan parmesan, it is typically made with cashews and so could be high FODMAP in larger quantities.)
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.