Dairy free option
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce
150-200g Gluten free pasta (spaghetti is
traditionally used but any shapes will work!)
200g Lean mince beef
2 Tsp Olive oil
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 548
Fat – 17g
of which saturates – 5.2g
Carbohydrates – 67g
of which sugars – 4.3g
Fibre – 2.8g
Protein – 32g
Salt – 0.89g
Please note this was calculated using 150g gluten free pasta, 15g Parmesan and 5% fat lean mince.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil (this helps to separate the pasta) and then leave to cook for 8-10 minutes (see packet to determine precise cooking times for the pasta).
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add the second teaspoon of olive oil and the mince to a frying pan. Lightly fry until brown (approx 10 minutes).
- Add the Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce to the mince and stir. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve in a pasta bowl.
Add the sauce and mince.
- Top with parmesan to serve (if using).
*Dairy free option: don’t use parmesan or replace with vegan parmesan (please check the ingredients, it is often made with cashews so could be high FODMAP in larger quantities).
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.