1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican Stir-in Sauce
1 Medium red bell pepper, roughly chopped
2 Spring onions, green tops only, roughly chopped
2 Big handfuls of spinach
2 or 3 Large eggs
60g Feta cheese
Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp Garlic infused olive oil*
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
½ Lime, sliced into wedges
Gluten free toast
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 292
Fat – 19g
of which saturates – 6.9g
Carbohydrates – 13g
of which sugars – 6.3g
Fibre – 4g
Protein – 15g
Salt – 2.4g
Please note this does not include the toast, and is calculated using 2 large eggs.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- In an ovenproof frying pan or a regular frying pan (don’t worry you can transfer the sauce into an ovenproof dish later), heat the garlic infused oil. Add the red bell pepper and half of the spring onions. Season with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Pour in a jar of Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican Stir-in Sauce, rinsing the jar out with a little water and adding that into the pan too. Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly, adding in the spinach towards the end and stirring to let it wilt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour the sauce into a small ovenproof dish at this point if you need to.
- Make 2 or 3 wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each one. Place into the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes, sprinkling over the feta and remaining spring onion tops half way through.
- Once the eggs are set, remove from the oven, sprinkle over the coriander and season with salt and pepper. Serve with wedges of lime and your favourite toast.
*The FODMAPs in garlic are soluble in water, not in oil, therefore garlic infused oil is Low FODMAP. Ensure you buy ‘infused’ oil and not flavoured, as flavoured will have garlic pieces or powder in it.
Recipe created by cook and author Emma Hatcher (www.shecanteatwhat.com).
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.