If you’re looking to create something simple, tasty and super impressive then look no further than these quick and easy Low FODMAP chocolate cups.
These can be made a few days ahead of time and kept in an air tight container in the fridge until you need them. You can keep them for a couple of weeks after they’ve been created.
A variation on this recipe would be to add some walnuts on top of your strawberries!
2 Hours (cooling)
Dairy free and vegan
500g Dark chocolate*
150g Strawberries chopped
2-3 Tbsp Chopped walnuts (optional)
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 198
Fat – 15g
of which saturates – 8.1g
Carbohydrates – 11g
of which sugars – 9g
Fibre – 3.9g
Protein – 3.3g
Salt – 0g
Please note this was calculated using 45g of walnuts.
- Melt your chocolate either in the microwave or in a Pyrex bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting line the moulds of a fairy cake tray.
- Once melted, place about two tablespoons of dark chocolate into each fairy case.
- Give the tray a little shake to get any air bubbles to the surface, then sprinkle strawberries and walnuts (if using) on top as you wish.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for a couple of hours and serve!
*Please check the dark chocolate is dairy free / vegan. Most dark chocolate which is 70% or more cocoa is vegan but it’s worth checking.
Please note this recipe is approved at one serve (one Strawberry Cup), due to the dark chocolate content.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.