150-180g Raw king prawns
120g Basmati rice (dry weight)
Handful of beansprouts (optional)
1 Tsp Olive oil
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 412
Fat – 5g
of which saturates – 0.8g
Carbohydrates – 69g
of which sugars – 20g
Fibre – 1.4g
Protein – 22g
Salt – 0.94g
Please note this was calculated using 180g King prawns.
- Boil the kettle, pour the water into a saucepan and return to the boil.
- Add the basmati rice to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes (check packet instructions in case these differ).
- Meanwhile, add a teaspoon of oil to a frying pan and lightly fry the prawns and beansprouts for 2-3 minutes (make sure you turn the prawns to cook through).
- Add the Bay’s Kitchen Sweet & Sour Stir-in Sauce and stir in
with the prawns and beansprouts.
- Leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Go back to the rice – drain well, cover and let stand for 3 minutes then lightly fork through the grains.
- Split the rice evenly between two bowls / plates. Add the Sweet & Sour Prawns and beansprouts (if using) on top to serve.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.