1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce
9g Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Beef Stock
250g Cubed beef steak
150g New potatoes, skin on and halved
120g Carrots, cut into discs
120ml Coconut milk
100g Bok choy
25g Salted peanuts,
1 Red chilli*
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Rice, gluten free naan bread or poppadoms
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 664
Fat – 43g
of which saturates – 24g
Carbohydrates – 29g
of which sugars – 10g
Fibre – 7.2g
Protein – 36g
Salt – 2g
Please note this has been calculated using lean beef stewing steak and the values do not include rice to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish (one that has a lid) over a high heat. Add the beef cubes and sear until the beef edges are brown and sealed.
- Mix the Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Beef Stock with the water. Add this, the coconut milk, potatoes and carrots to the dish and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering put the lid on, then place in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the bok choy. Place the lid back on and leave for 5 minutes.
- Give one final stir before serving. Garnish with the peanuts and slices of red chilli.
- Serve with rice and naan or poppadoms.
*Whilst chillies are a low FODMAP ingredient, some people with IBS have higher numbers of chilli pepper pain receptors in the gut, which can cause symptoms. If you’re sensitive to chilli, you can leave it out of this recipe.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.