280g Firm Tofu
120g Basmati rice (60g per person)
100g Baby Corn
90g Butternut Squash
1 Tsp olive oil
Poppadoms or gluten free Indian bread (or pittas, flatbread or similar) to serve
Tip! If you like a hot curry – you’ll need to add an extra chilli*
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 520
Fat – 16g
of which saturates – 2.4g
Carbohydrates – 64g
of which sugars – 7.7g
Fibre – 6.2g
Protein – 27g
Salt – 0.97g
Please note this calculation does not include poppadoms or gluten free Indian bread (or pittas, flatbread or similar) to serve.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Add the Basmati rice to the pan and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes (check pack instructions in case these differ).
- Meanwhile, chop and dice the tofu and butternut squash, Destring the mangetout and chop the ends off the baby corn and then chop in half.
- Add a tsp of oil to a frying pan and lightly fry the tofu and vegetables for 3 mins.
- Add the Bay’s Kitchen Jalfrezi Curry Stir-in Sauce (and chillis if you are adding extra) and stir in. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Go back to the rice – drain well, cover and let stand for 3 minutes then lightly fork through the grains.
- Split the rice evenly between two bowls/plates and add the Vegetarian curry on top.
- Serve with a couple of poppadoms or gluten free Indian bread (or pittas, flatbread or similar)
*Whilst chillis are a low FODMAP ingredient, some people with IBS have higher numbers of chilli pepper pain receptors in the gut, which can cause symptoms. If you’re sensitive to chilli, you can leave it out of this recipe.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.