These little beauties are so tasty you won’t be able to stop at one! It’s fun to play around with these vegan chocolate cupcakes – why not experiment with different flavours when you make your icing? Try adding raspberries or pineapple.
They will keep for up to a week in an airtight container un-iced. Only ice when you’re ready to use.
130g Coconut yoghurt
130g Coconut sugar
100g Dark chocolate* cut into chunks
100g Buckwheat flour
2-3 Bananas mashed
3 Tbsp Cacao powder
1 & 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
For the Icing:
200g Icing sugar
150g Dairy-free butter
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 428
Fat – 28g
of which saturates – 18g
Carbohydrates – 39g
of which sugars – 32g
Fibre – 3.3g
Protein – 3.2g
Salt – 0.26g
Please note this was calculated using 2 bananas.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and line a cupcake mould with cases.
- In a blender or NutriBullet mix together the bananas and yoghurt.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the coconut sugar and coconut oil using an electric whisk. Keep going until the mixture becomes visibly lighter and airier.
- Now mix in your flour and baking powder, followed by the cacao powder. When evenly folded in add the banana mixture.
- Chop your chocolate into chunks and fold into the mixture.
- Place the mixture into your cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst the cakes cools whisk together your icing ingredients.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe your icing on in whatever pattern you wish! HINT: Icing can take a bit of practice, so if you are looking for perfection, practice the icing on a plate or something else first!
*Please check the Dark Chocolate is Dairy Free/Vegan. Most Dark Chocolate which is 70% or more cocoa is Vegan but it’s worth checking.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietitian Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.