Low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
2 Tbsp Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock
2 Tbsp Olive oil
60g Carrots, finely diced
40g Celery, finely diced
½ Tsp Dried thyme
3 Tbsp Tomato paste
2 Tsp Yeast extract
1 ¼ Tsp Sea salt
¼ Tsp Ground black pepper
200g New potatoes, peeled and halved
110g Sweet potato, peeled and cubed
110g Swede, peeled and cubed
130g Parsnips, ends removed, peeled, quartered lengthwise then chopped into thirds
160g Carrots, sliced
100g Fine green beans, ends removed and sliced into thirds
750ml Boiling water
150g Extra firm tofu, pat dry with 3 kitchen towels and cubed
3 Tbsp Tamari sauce
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Begin by preparing the vegetables and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, diced carrots and celery, vegetable stock, tomato paste, yeast extract, dried thyme, salt, pepper and saute on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the new potatoes, sweet potatoes, swede, parsnips, carrots, green beans and stir so that the stock mixture covers the vegetables. Pour the boiling water in to cover the vegetables and simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the tofu, tamari sauce, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and (optional) garnish with fresh parsley and thyme.