For the sauce:
1 jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-In-Sauce
For the chicken:
2 Large chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
2 Large eggs
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
120g gluten-free breadcrumbs
45g fresh grated parmesan cheese
45g cup olive oil for frying
Salt and pepper to season
For The Topping:
250g Mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
45g Fresh shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Preheat oven 220°C. (430°F). Lightly grease an oven tray (or baking dish) with non-stick cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken into the egg, rotating to evenly coat each fillet in the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for 15 minutes
When chicken is ready for cooking, mix bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese together in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into the breadcrumb mixture to evenly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Fry chicken until golden and crispy, (about 4-5 minutes each side).
- Place chicken on prepared baking tray/dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of sauce. Top each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese and about 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with basil or parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and melted, and the chicken is completely cooked through.
Recipe created by Stefani Weiss from @glutenfree_stories
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.