Low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
30g Bay’s Kitchen Maple & Chipotle Vegan Mayonnaise Or Bay’s Kitchen Garden Herb Mayonnaise
2 Gluten free burger bun
6 Gem lettuce Leaves
½ Bell pepper (Colour of your choice!)
½ Large or one small courgette
90g Tender stem broccoli
4 Oyster mushrooms
Splash of oil (olive or garlic-infused work well)
1 Cheese slice or vegan alternative* (optional)
200g Fries to serve (optional)
- If serving with fries, remember to factor in the cooking of these with your timings.
- Prepare your vegetables – slice the half pepper into long strips. Cut the aubergine and courgette length ways into long slices. Cut the mushrooms in half or remove the stalks if you prefer not to have these.
- Heat a griddle pan (or regular frying pan if you don’t have a griddle, or use the BBQ!) and add a splash of oil.
- The broccoli takes the longest to cook so add that to the pan and then 30seconds to a minute later add the other vegetables.
- Turn the veggies so they are charred on both sides and remove form the heat once cooked to your liking.
- Slice the bun and toast on the griddle for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove the bun from the griddle and place it on your plate, drizzle half the mayonnaise to the base of the buns.
- Add the lettuce leaves and then layer up with your griddled vegetables.
- Drizzle the remainder of the mayonnaise on top.
- If using, add the cheese and then place the top of the bun on top to finish!
- Serve with fries and why not try Bay’s Kitchen Tomato Ketchup or BBQ for dipping?!
*If using a vegan alternative remember to check it is FODMAP friendly and gluten free if you require your dish to be.
Recipe created by Paul Hunt from @skinnychefhunt.
Copyright of Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.