4 People (served alongside many dishes at parties and gatherings)
4 Gem lettuce leaves
4 Tender stem broccoli
1 Pack of halloumi
1 Bell pepper (Colour of your choice!)
½ Large or one small courgette
Small pot of Bay’s Kitchen Maple Chipotle Vegan Mayonnaise
Small pot of Bay’s Kitchen Garden Herb Vegan Mayonnaise
Small pot of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato Ketchup with Sundried Tomatoes
Small pot of Bay’s Kitchen BBQ Sauce with Smoked Paprika
(Low FODMAP serve for each is 20g)
- Firstly, prepare your vegetables – chop or slice the pepper into long strips or square pieces. Cut the aubergine length ways into long slices. Chop the corn-on-the-cob into 4 equal sections. Slice the courgette into pieces and halve again (leave whole if using a BBQ as halves will be too small!). Chop your radishes or cut into them multiple times but not all the way through to create flower type design.
- Slice your halloumi into 8 equal slices
- Heat a griddle pan (or regular frying pan if you don’t have a griddle, or use the BBQ!) and add a splash of oil.
- The corn-on-the-cob takes the longest to cook so add that to the pan first. After about 2 mins, add the other vegetables. Continue to turn to griddle both sides evenly.
- After another couple of minutes add the halloumi. Again keep turning to get an even griddle on both sides. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Once done, remove all the food from the heat.
- Arrange the lettuce and corn-on-the-cobs first onto a serving platter, then add the halloumi cheese. Then add the rest of the veggies, alternating between them all. Add the watercress and your done!
- Serve with pots of Bay’s Kitchen’s condiments for dipping.
Recipe created by Paul Hunt from @skinnychefhunt.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.