1 Jar Bay’s Kitchen Sweet & Sour Stir-in Sauce
1pk Microwave jasmine rice
30g Activated cashew nuts*
5ml Vegetable oil
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 637
Fat – 23g
of which saturates – 4.7g
Carbohydrates – 63g
of which sugars – 21g
Fibre – 2.7g
Protein – 43g
Salt – 0.77g
Please note this recipe was calculated by estimating the chicken thighs at 75g each.
- Dice thighs into large chunks and Marinate chicken thighs in Bay’s Kitchen Stir-in Sauce for 1 – 2 hours (overnight if possible).
- Skewer chicken.
- Cook on a BBQ or in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
- Heat rice and chop coriander.
- Rub turmeric and oil onto the activated cashew nuts and roast in the oven for 6 mins at 180 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked place on a plate sprinkle with coriander and cashew nuts serve with rice and lime wedge.
- Season to taste.
*According to Monash University, activated cashews are low in FODMAPs at a 15g portion size as during the activation process, the nuts are soaked in water which probably allows some of the FODMAPs to leach into the liquid, which is then discarded. Non-activated cashews are not low FODMAP so not permitted during the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.