Vegetarian (Dairy free and vegan option)
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce
Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
100g Gluten free flour
100g Vegetable oil
250ml Almond milk
5ml Olive oil
5g Dijon mustard
25g Nutritional yeast flakes
*Vegan & dairy free option: don’t use cheddar or replace with vegan cheddar (please check the ingredients, it is often made with cashews so could be high FODMAP in larger quantities).
Nutrition (per serve)
Kcal – 630
Fat – 32g
of which saturates – 3.4g
Carbohydrates – 69g
of which sugars – 7.7g
Fibre – 7.7g
Protein – 11g
Salt – 0.87g
Please note this was calculated using 260g of courgette and 8 gluten free lasagne sheets.
- Slice courgettes into rounds and the peppers into strips.
- Heat a griddle pan and griddle vegetables until chard and cooked through (about 10 minutes) or put on baking tray, drizzle in olive oil, season and roast the vegetables at 180°C / 160°C fan for 15 minutes.
- To make the white sauce whisk the oil and flour in pan on a low heat. Once combined cook for 5 minutes then slowly whisk in the nut milk a little at a time. Whisk on a low heat until thick. Take off the heat, add nutmeg, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast flakes and season to taste.
- Layer the lasagne starting with Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce then add a few slices of courgette, peppers, basil leaves and spinach. Then add a layer of lasagne sheets followed by the white sauce. Repeat until your baking dish is full making sure you finish with a layer of white sauce. Cover the top with the grated cheese (if using) before putting in the oven.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C / 160°C fan for 30-40 minutes
and golden on top.
*To make this dish vegan and dairy free, either don’t use cheese, or use Vegan cheese (please check the ingredients of vegan cheese, it is typically made with cashews and so could be high FODMAP in larger quantities.)
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.