Dairy free and vegan
150g Edamame beans
130g Wild or brown rice (dry weight)
20g Black sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
Nutrition (per serve)
Fat – 31g
of which saturates – 4.5g
Carbohydrates – 66g
of which sugars – 21g
Fibre – 7.8g
Protein – 29g
Salt – 0.54g
- Cut tofu into chunks and fry in a pan with oil on both sides
to crisp up the tofu (5-10 minutes).
- Once the tofu is golden on both sides cover in Bay’s Kitchen
Sweet & Sour Stir-in Sauce. Whilst the tofu is still warm, thread onto skewers and then roast in oven at 200°C / 180°C fan for 5 minutes.
- Fill a pan 2⁄3 full with water and bring to the boil. Add the rice
and cook for 20 minutes (check the packet instructions in case
- Once rice is cooked add the edamame beans, chopped coriander, lime and sesame oil.
- Once tofu is out of the oven, sprinkle with black sesame seeds
and serve with rice and a lime wedge, season to taste.
This recipe has been reviewed and approved as Low FODMAP by Registered Dietician Laura Tilt @nutritilty, on behalf of Bay’s Kitchen.
Copyright Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.