Low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free
400g Chopped tomatoes
300g Quorn mince
150ml Hot vegetable stock (use 27g of Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock with 150ml boiling water)
75g Black beans (tinned) (optional)
1 Medium courgette
1 Red pepper
3 Tbsp Tomato puree (ensure it’s plain not garlic flavoured)
2 Tbsp Garlic-infused oil
2 Tsp Dried coriander (or chop 30g fresh coriander and add at the end)
1 Tsp Chilli powder (can go mild or hot depending on your tolerance of spice, or half and half!)
1 Tsp Ground cumin
½ Tsp Paprika
Pinch of salt (optional)
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa (30g per serve needed)
120g Guacamole (30g per serve)
100g Salted Tortilla Chips
75ml Vegan yoghurt or crème fraiche*
Vegan grated cheese*
- Chop the courgette and pepper into small pieces.
- Boil the kettle and measure out 150ml of water and add the vegetable stock, then set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add the pepper and courgette. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the chilli powder, cumin and paprika. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and vegetable stock. Bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Quorn mince, black beans (if using) and coriander. Continue to cook for a further 10-12 minutes. Season to taste.
- Add the tortilla chips to a large bowl or spread evenly across 4 individual bowls and sprinkle over the grated cheese (You can warm the tortillas and cheese in the oven or grill for a couple of minutes if you wish).
- Load up the tortilla chips with the chilli, then drizzle over the juice of half a lime.
- To serve, dollop the Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa, Vegan yoghurt and guacamole on top and enjoy!
This dish also makes a delicious meal when served with rice and a few tortilla chips on the side! As well as the method above, you can also easily create this dish in the slow cooker – just add all the ingredients (except the beans) to the slow cooker and leave on low for 4 hours, then add the beans for 10 mins at the end and serve!
*Please check the ingredients for the Vegan yoghurt/crème fraiche and the Vegan cheese to ensure it’s low FODMAP). If you’re not Vegan then lactose-free yoghurt and cheddar cheese work well.
Copyright of Bay’s Kitchen. Please do not reprint without permission.